Lego Serious Play Method
What is Lego® Serious Play®?
The Lego® Serious Play® (LSP) Method is a facilitated workshop in which participants commonly solve a problem, create a corporate identity or mission, develop a common strategy for change or strengthen their team spirit. Based on sufficiently unclear open questions, each participants builds his/her model using Lego® bricks. Building these models is used to trigger and sharpen individual creative thinking, problem solving and making (shared) decisions. Using shared 3D models, teams are inspired and enabled to positively and constructively create new ideas, insights, shared meanings and make strategic decisions.
Why Lego® Serious Play®?
- In classical meetings, about 20% of the members deliver 80% of the content (20/80 principle), while most people passively lean back. With LSP, all participants are responsible for 100% of the content by leaning forward and commonly create the meeting reality (100/100 principle).
- LSP ensures a safe place for people to share their ideas. Insights and opinions are shared through the models built on the table.
- LSP workshops are usually short (1/2 to max. 2 days). This implies a short, intense engagement of the participants with great outcomes.
- Regardless of the addressed issue(s), LSP offers a playful and creative method to organise a meeting or workshop.
- Not thinking for too long and simply starting to build something brings out ideas and insight from below the surface.
- Bringing people together and asking them to build something leads to more insights and output compared to classical conversational meetings.
- The visual models lead to a better memory of the discussed contents and allows for a better understanding of complex concepts, ideas and strategies.
Lego® Serious Play® is ideal for:
- Innovative, creative thinking
- Change management
- Leadership Development
- Creating or understanding a corporate identity
- Agile team transformation
- Team building
- Project kick-off
- Conflict management
- Personal coaching
Our workshops are organised by official Lego® Serious Play® facilitators.
Interested? Try it out!
Have the courage to use your heart and your intuition. they somehow already know what you truly want to become.